Patrick Swayze was more than a triple threat. He could do it all: sing, dance, act, do gymnastics, fly planes, keep a steady marriage until the day he died, and be an international sex symbol.
Patrick was born in Houston on August 18, 1952. His mother, Patsy Yvonne Helen, was a choreographer, dancer, and dance instructor who built her own dance school from the ground up. His mother’s passions wouldultimately shape Patrick’s life, as they shared the same love and dedication to dance. His father, Wayne Swayze, also helped him become the man he grew into, instilling moral codes at an early age.
The actor, singer, and dancer was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2007. Two years later, at age 57, he passed away with his family by his side. It was sad for many, but his legacy will always be remembered in our favorite films.
This mini Patrick Swayze biography will give you a bit more insight into his time on earth. Please SHARE with your family and friends on Facebook!
1. He Was In A Beer Commercial Inspired By “Saturday Night Fever”
2. He Got The Role As Sam Wheat Because Of One Interview
3. He Earned The Title Of Tough Guy In High School
4. He Took A Break From Show Business To Breed Horses
5. He Had Dreams Of Competing In The Olympics
6. A Knee Injury Almost Derailed His Entire Life Plan
7. He Had Four Siblings
8. He Almost Crashed His Plane
9. He Put Performance Before Pain
10. He Had One True Love In Life